The national election has left our country dangerously divided and vulnerable to climate change’s growing, deadly impacts like drought, heat, flooding, and fires.
We now face efforts to dismantle progress made to fight climate change and protect our environment. So, for everyone ready to unite and stand up for a better climate, we are here and we welcome you.
Californians CAN have a future where every neighborhood has green space, where every child grows up breathing easier under the shade of a tree, and where we unite to prepare our families and communities for what lies ahead. But not without your help.
Together, we CAN make meaningful change. This year alone, TreePeople has:
- Completed a revolutionary pilot project with the power to wean Los Angeles off imported water and build the needed “green” infrastructure of our region’s future.
- Galvanized people to care for thousands of drought-ravaged trees on our streets and in our parks.
- Helped pass ambitious local measures that expand urban parks and public transportation.
- Launched community greening plans in South LA and the Northeast San Fernando Valley.
- Shaped new state science education standards to make eco-literacy a priority for all kids in every school and every neighborhood across California.
There is not a moment to lose.
What we do here matters — what YOU do next matters.
Support us. Make a year-end donation.
Get involved. Join us the day after Thanksgiving for what we hope will be a new annual tradition – A Hike for Healing.
Volunteer. Help plant a tree, restore a park, shade a street, green a school.
Stay with us. Together, we can plant a better future and recommit ourselves —
- To the simple act of planting a tree.
- To the promise of what trees represent to our children and grandchildren.
- To cherishing every drop of rain that falls and respecting every drop of water we use.
- To building a community across lines of race, religion, class, national origin and politics.
-Andy Lipkis, Founder and President & Cindy Montañez, CEO