With almost 60 employees, more than 7,000 volunteers, approximately 3,600 members and over 95,000 social media followers, TreePeople is rapidly growing. Our success is attributed to tremendous global demand for our innovative community-driven solutions around fire resilience, urban forestry, water-security, environmental literacy, equity, and climate change.
We are a tax-exempt nonprofit, 501(c)(3), grateful for the support provided by individuals, businesses, foundations, public agencies, grants and memberships.
Since 2016, TreePeople has seen impressive growth in impact and revenue. Between 2015 and 2018, TreePeople’s annual revenue has grown almost 37% from $4.6 million to $7.3 million.
TreePeople’s success and significant growth can be attributed to several factors including:
- The hiring of Cindy Montañez as CEO in 2016 and promotion of Fernanda De La Torre to Chief Financial Officer to lead the financial turnaround, growth and impact.
- Prioritizing its commitment to equity in underserved areas such as Watts/South Los Angeles, Southeast Los Angeles and the Northeast San Fernando Valley.
- Expanding its leadership in mountain restoration, fire resilience and forest health through a partnership with the Boeing Foundation to invest over $1million into Forest Aid – a program dedicated to restoring mountain forest areas ravaged by wildfires.
- Increasing TreePeople’s statewide leadership in environmental literacy and environmental education with over 10,000 students participating in Eco-Tours, over 14,000 students leading on-campus service learning projects and providing environmental service learning to a least 300 teachers in 2018.
- Providing policy and global thought leadership and cutting-edge solutions-driven research around community climate resilience, public health and equity.
Join our Movement
Stay up to date with TreePeople’s monthly newsletter. Find out about upcoming events, announcements, jobs, and other opportunities to get involved!