Capturing and infiltrating rainwater not only helps keep our waterways and ocean clean, but helps to replenish our groundwater supply and reduce our dependence on imported water. When we capture and redirect water, reducing polluted run-off, we help to ensure cleaner, more resilient water future for all. The following resources share ways to support both water quality and quantity through rainwater harvesting.
- How to Install a Downspout Extension
- How to Install a Rain Chain
- How to Install a Rain Barrel
- How to Maintain a Rain Barrel
- How to Determine the number of Rain Barrels
- How to Assess Current Irrigation
- How to Calculate the Size of a Rain Garden
- How to Create a Swale
- How to Find and Purchase a Rain Barrel
- How to Apply for a Rain Barrel Rebate
- How to Connect Rain Barrels
- How to Manage Stormwater on a Slope
- How to Get a Cistern for Your Home
Join Our Movement
Stay up to date with TreePeople’s monthly newsletter. Find out about upcoming events, announcements, jobs, and other opportunities to get involved!