Youth Leadership Summer Tree Care Intern
TreePeople's mission is to inspire the people of Los Angeles to take personal responsibility for the urban forest - educating, training and supporting them as they plant and care for trees and improve the neighborhoods in which they live, learn, work, and play. We work to help nature heal our cities in the neighborhoods, schools, communities and mountains of the greater Los Angeles area. Our office is located in Coldwater Canyon Park between the Los Angeles basin and the San Fernando Valley.
The TreePeople Youth Leadership Program Intern will be responsible for relationship building between TreePeople and the students and schools we serve through in-person meetings, email, phone calls, and social media. The intern will coordinate a group of high school students (with staff assistance), manage our project database, and handle program information inquiries and scheduling.
Senior Manager of Environmental Education
- Support high school students as they complete summer tree care projects.
- Handle inquiries and direct teachers and students regarding TreePeople's service learning and eco club programs.
- Assist with data entry (using Salesforce CRM)
- Assist with social media for eco clubs in the Los Angeles area.
- Eco club outreach - follow up with teachers and students who would like to work with us.
- Desire to help lead groups of students (experience working with teens preferred but not required)
- Organized and detail oriented
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office and willingness to learn Salesforce CRM.
- Social media experience
Type of Position
Part-time, unpaid internship, 10 – 20 hours per week. School credit available. Length of internship is ideally 3 – 4 months, but can be customized to the candidate’s and organization’s interest.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to Nicole Liner-Jigamian at email@example.com. No phone calls please.