Outreach Program Intern
TreePeople's mission is to inspire the people of Los Angeles to take personal responsibility for the urban forest - educating, training and supporting them as they plant and care for trees and improve the neighborhoods in which they live, learn, work, and play. We work to help nature heal our cities in the neighborhoods, schools, communities and mountains of the greater Los Angeles area. Our office is located in Coldwater Canyon Park between the Los Angeles basin and the San Fernando Valley.
To achieve TreePeople’s goal of engaging Angelinos to take responsibility for the urban environment, the organization seeks to have an outreach presence at numerous public events. The main role of the Outreach Program Intern is to support that effort. The intern will also develop an understanding of TreePeople programs, partnerships, special events, membership programs, and mission.
Senior Manager of Community Engagement
- Manage requests for organization’s presence at events throughout the internship.
- Research new public event opportunities.
- Organize materials and documents to be used at public events.
- Communicate with volunteer community to recruit representatives for outreach events.
- Seek to create new systems that improve the efficiency of the outreach program.
- Support outreach efforts by attending some events as a TreePeople representative.
- Strong critical thinking ability and organizational skills.
- Able to interpret program’s needs quickly and work independently.
- Friendly with good public speaking skills.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other database systems (helpful, not essential).
Type of position
Part-time, unpaid internship 20 hours (flex) per week. Internship can be performed to gain college credit. Length of internship is felxible and can be customized to the candidate’s and organization’s interest – ideally 3-4 months.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to Nicole Liner-Jigamian at email@example.com. No phone calls please.