Park Operations Manager
TreePeople's mission is to inspire the people of Los Angeles to take personal responsibility for the urban forest -- educating, training and supporting them as they plant and care for trees and improve the neighborhoods in which they live, work and play.
Our work is in the neighborhoods, schools, communities and mountains of the greater Los Angeles area. Our main headquarters are located in Coldwater Canyon Park between the Los Angeles basin and the San Fernando Valley.
Director of Park Operations
Multi-faceted support of Director of Park Operations in general operation of our grounds, facilities and infrastructure.
- Basic electrical, plumbing, phone system and HV/AC maintenance
- Basic mechanical repairs
- Coordinate work of outside vendors & service providers
- Supervise vehicle maintenance
- Maintain Park Ops supply & tool inventory
- Take emergency maintenance calls after hours & weekends as needed.
- Supervision of Park Assistants as needed – some scheduling & prioritizing.
- Assist Director of Park Operations on select park improvement projects.
- Support general trail and grounds maintenance as needed.
- Must be detail oriented and able to organize well
- Self-starter able to diagnose problems and develop solutions
- Flexible team player
- Enjoy working outdoors with nature
- General tool knowledge & experience
- Light construction experience a plus
- Current valid California driver’s license
- Available for occasional weekend and evening work
- Ability to interact positively with public & volunteers
- Understanding of “sustainable/green design” concepts
Full time position. Salary commensurate with experience. Insurance benefits, vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
Email cover letter and resume (including salary history) to:
Director, Human Resources & Administration
*TreePeople is an Equal Opportunity Employer.