TreePeople’s mission is to inspire, engage and support people to take personal responsibility for the urban environment, making it safe, healthy, fun and sustainable and to share the results as a model for the world.
TreePeople’s Elementary Education Department delivers environmental education to over 10,000 school children, teachers, and parents through our Eco-tour and Natural Connections programs at Coldwater Canyon Park. The goal of our program is to introduce students and families to the concept of a city forest; the natural cycles at work within it; how they link to the surrounding mountains; and inspire them to take personal responsibility in caring for their city forest.
Delivering environmental education programs to students and family groups and working with groups of teens to complete environmental projects.
- Delivering the Eco-tour program, our interactive educational tour for elementary through secondary aged youth.
- Delivering the Natural Connections program, our youth and family interactive tour.
- Delivering the Moonlight Hike program, our night-time walk for the general public.
- Presenting TreePeople’s “Dirt Doctor” at select outreach events.
- Delivering other educational programs as needed.
- Supporting teens as an EcoClub Mentor.
- Maintaining all equipment, displays and props.
- Preparing for events in the Conference Center and on the grounds.
- Participating in educator and staff gatherings.
Must be committed to improving the environment through education. The ideal candidate possesses a sound grasp of ecology and environmental issues; a basic understanding of effective educational methods; and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Must have experience working with youth
- Have flexibility and patience
- Experience and/or education in interpretive/environmental education, and/or performing arts
- Strong communication skills and comfortable speaking to a group
- Spanish speaking a plus
- Comfortable and able to work outdoors
- Experience working with teens
- Organized and detail oriented
Elementary Education Senior Manager
Part time (20-25 hours per week) with benefits, seasonal position (September through June).
Email cover letter, resume, salary history to:
Director, Human Resources & Administration
TreePeople is an equal opportunity employer