Outreach Program Intern
TreePeople is a non-profit organization that unites the power of people, trees, and nature-based solutions to grow a sustainable Los Angeles. Our mission is to inspire, engage, and support people to take personal responsibility for the urban environment, making it safe, healthy, fun and sustainable and to share the process as a model for the world. TreePeople was founded forty years ago by a teenager and is responsible for planting more than 2 million trees in Los Angeles mountains, streets, schools and neighborhoods.
To achieve TreePeople’s goal of engaging Angelinos to take responsibility for the urban environment, the organization seeks to have an outreach presence at numerous public events. The main role of the Outreach Program Intern is to support that effort. The intern will also develop an understanding of TreePeople programs, partnerships, special events, membership programs, and mission.
Senior Manager of Community Engagement
- Manage requests for organization’s presence at events throughout the internship.
- Research new public event opportunities.
- Organize materials and documents to be used at public events.
- Communicate with volunteer community to recruit representatives for outreach events.
- Seek to create new systems that improve the efficiency of the outreach program.
- Support outreach efforts by attending some events as a TreePeople representative.
- Strong critical thinking ability and organizational skills.
- Able to interpret program’s needs quickly and work independently.
- Friendly with good public speaking skills.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other database systems (helpful, not essential).
Type of position
Part-time, unpaid internship 20 hours (flex) per week. Internship can be performed to gain college credit. Length of internship can be customized to the candidate’s and organization’s interest.
Flexible – ideally, between January 2014 to June 2014.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to our Volunteer Manager, Nicole Liner-Jigamian, at email@example.com. No phone calls please.