Community Engagement Intern
TreePeople is a non-profit organization that unites the power of people, trees, and nature-based solutions to grow a sustainable Los Angeles. Our mission is to inspire, engage, and support people to take personal responsibility for the urban environment, making it safe, healthy, fun and sustainable and to share the process as a model for the world. TreePeople was founded forty years ago by a teenager and is responsible for planting more than 2 million trees in Los Angeles mountains, streets, schools and neighborhoods.
To achieve TreePeople’s goal of engaging Angelinos to take responsibility for the urban environment, the organization seeks to better communicate to constituents that participate in TreePeople’s programming. TreePeople interacts with over a hundred thousand Angelinos annually, but the organization seeks to increase the retention of its constituents. The Community Engagement Intern will help support the constituent retention efforts.
Senior Manager of Community Engagement
- Become familiar with TreePeople’s community programs and organizational structure.
- Help to develop and hone reporting systems to more efficiency communication opportunities to TreePeople’s constituents.
- Work with all of the pertinent departments within the organization to ensure that all staff is engaged with this community engagement strategy and are able to give feedback.
- Time permitting - help with the initial construction of an external referral process on the TreePeople website.
- Attend some public events as a TreePeople representative.
- Interest in community-based urban greening.
- Able to write and communicate clearly.
- Strong critical thinking ability.
- Able to take direction and work independently.
- Able to use Excel or other systems for reports.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other database systems (helpful, not essential).
Type of position
Unpaid internship 20 hours (flex) per week. Length of internship can be customized to the candidate’s and organization’s interest. School credit can typically be given as a part of the internship.
Flexible – ideally, between August 2013 to December 2013.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to our Volunteer Manager, Nicole Liner-Jigamian, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.