Volunteer Management Intern
TreePeople is a non-profit organization that unites the power of people, trees, and nature-based solutions to grow a sustainable Los Angeles. Our mission is to inspire, engage, and support people to take personal responsibility for the urban environment, making it safe, healthy, fun and sustainable and to share the process as a model for the world. TreePeople was founded forty years ago by a teenager and is responsible for planting more than 2 million trees in Los Angeles mountains, streets, schools and neighborhoods.
TreePeople organizes and manages around 10,000 volunteers annually. Volunteers support TreePeople and the Los Angeles community through tree planting, tree care, mountain restoration, outreach, photography, nursery, and office support. The Volunteer Management Intern will work with the Volunteer Manager to communicate with volunteers, organize events, and improve volunteer management systems.
- Communicate with volunteers to meet recruitment needs at forestry events, outreach events, and at headquarters. A particular focus will be placed on organizing groups and volunteers to help restore burned areas of the Angeles National Forest.
- Work to improve Salesforce CRM reporting and dashboard infrastructure for Volunteer and Community Engagement department.
- Become a Volunteer Supervisor and attend forestry events to directly manage volunteers.
- Research internship program systems at major universities and colleges in the region.
- Promote volunteer program and events through posting on TreePeople’s website and other volunteer matching sites.
- Support email communications/marketing to volunteers and volunteer leaders.
- Help with Regional WorkPlan – How to track progress of TreePeople’s work in regional areas of focus.
- Create designed confirmation emails.
- Research Volunteer Management Institution.
- Research Best Management Practices for managing and acknowledging volunteers.
- Help with creating seasonal Volunteer Roles using Cleantech Open as a basis for program.
- Help with Tree Tags project and Open Tree Map.
- Strong critical thinking ability and organizational skills.
- Able to interpret program’s needs quickly and work independently.
- Friendly with strong writing skills.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn Salesforce CRM, HTML, & Microsoft Office.
Type of position
Part-time, unpaid internship 12 – 20 hours per week. School credit available. Length of internship is ideally 3 – 4 months, but can be customized to the candidate’s and organization’s interest.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to our Volunteer Manager, Nicole Liner-Jigamian, at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.