Sustainable Solutions Program Intern
TreePeople's mission is to inspire the people of Los Angeles to take personal responsibility for the urban forest - educating, training and supporting them as they plant and care for trees and improve the neighborhoods in which they live, learn, work, and play. We work to help nature heal our cities in the neighborhoods, schools, communities and mountains of the greater Los Angeles area. Our office is located in Coldwater Canyon Park between the Los Angeles basin and the San Fernando Valley.Responsibilities: The Sustainable Solutions Program Intern will assist the Director of Sustainable Solutions in a variety of areas. Tasks will include but not be limited to: reaching out to past attendees of workshops and Green City Fair, initiating self-reporting protocol for past TreePeople event attendees, working with TreePeople staff to incorporate ideas into online Tools.
Director of Sustainable Solutions
- Create and distribute survey to past attendees of workshops and Green City Fair.
- Help design on-line reporting mechanism for first round of self-reporting on “Do It Yourself” actions.
- Assist the Director of Sustainable Solutions in summarizing results of surveys.
- Help coordinate efforts with other departments and committees, such as joint projects with Marketing and Communications, Volunteer and Community Engagement and Communications Committee.
- Friendly with excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational ability.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Type of position
Part-time, unpaid volunteer positions 10-20 hours (flex) per week. Academic credit available.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to TreePeople’s Volunteer Manager, Mollie Stephens, at email@example.com. No phone calls please.