Sustainable Motivations Intern
TreePeople's mission is to inspire the people of Los Angeles to take personal responsibility for the urban forest - educating, training and supporting them as they plant and care for trees and improve the neighborhoods in which they live, learn, work, and play. We work to help nature heal our cities in the neighborhoods, schools, communities and mountains of the greater Los Angeles area. Our office is located in Coldwater Canyon Park between the Los Angeles basin and the San Fernando Valley. Responsibilities: The Sustainable Motivations Intern will investigate incentives and rebate programs currently available via local municipalities and utility companies in the Los Angeles area. Tasks will include but not be limited to: investigating all rebate and incentive options, creating list of opportunities for property owners and researching easiest way to take advantage of the above.
Director of Sustainable Solutions
- Research various incentives and rebates available to property owners for water conservation.
- Communicate with potential guest speakers and spokespersons.
- Study the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power’s rain garden incentive program.
- Help coordinate efforts with other departments within the organization and TreePeople board committees.
- Friendly with excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational ability.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of environmental leaders and local celebrities (helpful, not essential).
Type of position
Part-time, unpaid volunteer positions 10-20 hours (flex) per week. Academic credit available.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to TreePeople’s Volunteer Manager, Mollie Stephens, at email@example.com. No phone calls please.