Generation Earth Trainings
Professional Development Workshop
Our Professional Development workshop addresses the ins-and-outs of environmental service learning. In addition to program materials covered on the day of the event, our Professional Development workshop connects you with Generation Earth's experienced staff who will help facilitate an environmental service learning project on your school's campus. Available for middle/high school teachers only.
Our workshop provide participants with a wealth of resources including:
- Tools to create a standards-based environmental service learning project
- Free bus for a project-related fieldtrip (contingent upon criteria fulfillment)
- Environmental auditing tools for your campus
Water Pollution Prevention Workshop
Have you ever heard about Rain Gardens? Would you like to learn how you can prevent water pollution? Rain Gardens not only capture and treat water; they also beautify your campus. Come to our next Water Pollution Prevention Workshop to get the necessary knowledge and tools to set up a Rain Garden at your school. You will also learn about water pollution issues in Los Angeles and how they affect us all. Don’t miss this unique opportunity. Teachers and students welcome!
At the Water Pollution Prevention Workshop you will learn the:
- Issues affecting water quality in Los Angeles county
- Simple steps you can take to prevent water pollution
- Importance of a Rain Garden and how to create one at your campus
- Tools to organize and fund your project
Waste Reduction & Recycling Workshop
Are you interested in learning why recycling is so critical? Do you want to learn how to recycle on your campus? How about discovering best practices to take your recycling program to the next level? Our Waste Reduction and Recycling Workshop introduces participants to Los Angeles County's waste cycle and teaches them how to set up or improve their campus recycling programs. Teachers and students welcome!
For additional resources, please visit: www.generationearth.org.