Environmental Education Network Intern
TreePeople's mission is to inspire the people of Los Angeles to take personal responsibility for the urban forest - educating, training and supporting them as they plant and care for trees and improve the neighborhoods in which they live, learn, work, and play. We work to help nature heal our cities in the neighborhoods, schools, communities and mountains of the greater Los Angeles area. Our office is located in Coldwater Canyon Park between the Los Angeles basin and the San Fernando Valley.
CREEC, the California Regional Environmental Education Community is a network of environmental educators sponsored by the California Department of Education. In Los Angeles CREEC is housed and supported by TreePeople. The Environmental Education Network Intern will manage the network database and update environmental education programs on the CREEC website. These efforts support long term strategic and sustainability planning, and the intern will work with CDE and Network partners to increase environmental education capacity in LA County. With support from the CREEC Coordinator, intern will work with environmental education community organizations, agencies, businesses, school administrators, teachers and students to define and grow members of the Network. Experience using the Internet to communicate, data entry, Microsoft Excel, and attention to detail is essential.
Director of Environmental Education
- Manage the CREEC website and social media (Facebook and Twitter)
- Maintain existing database records
- Input new records to database
- Provide technical assistance over the phone to environmental education providers
- Act as a liason between CREEC and environmental community organizations, teachers, and students to help develop and maintain relationships and partnerships.
- Proficient and clear written and verbal communicator
- Experience working with databases (helpful but not required)
- Knowledge of website and social media maintenance (helpful but not required)
- Able to take direction and work independently
Type of Position
Part-time, unpaid internship, 10 – 15 hours (flexible) per week. School credit available. Length of internship is ideally 3 – 4 months, but can be customized to the candidate’s and organization’s interest.
Please e-mail resume and cover letter to Nicole Liner-Jigamian at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.